I read a lot as y’all know , lol. A few months back I read shark tank’s daymond johnson “Rise and Grind “ . I always write cliff notes on the books I read so I wanted to share this book with you. Follow Daymond Johnson IG account and pick up his book. He also has a podcast “rise and grind” .
Rise and grind cliff notes
Blueprint + Co.
the time will never be perfect so you can only make perfect use of your time.
Get up early work hard do what you have to do don’t complain and do it all again the next day.
Dyslexic entrepreneurs are likely to launch multiple businesses and to grow than non dyslexic entrepreneurs
1. Set a goal
2. Homework, do yours
3. Adore what you do
4. Remember you are the brand
5. Keep swimming
Grind is a way of life. Is being the best version of yourself
1. Get on it – come up with a strategy
2. Repeat – act,learn , repeat
3. Insist – your very best . If you demand excellence in what you put out it might just find you in what you get back
4. Navigate – keep swimming. If you have setbacks just keep swimming don’t give up. When the environment changes, change the routine but not the goal. Disappointments will find you from time to time. And know that the only way to make sure a project or endeavor fails is to quit on it.
5. Desire, drive, determination – be determined to blow past those expectations clear whatever low bar has been set before you and make sure you do it with room to spare.
Create an atmosphere in the workplace at at home that helps you feel relaxed and connected to the values you want to express and the emotions you want to share w/friends and family
Seek news and info that broaden your worldview instead of confirming whatever it is you already think you know
Make the time to exercise your body and your mind
Follow your dreams but win among the people you love . They’re the ones you’ll need to call on if things don’t go your way
The best way to climb a mountain is to look back at the base instead of ahead to the summit .
Stay true to yourself
The key to success comes in recognizing your own little extra something and finding a way for it to lift you instead of bring you down.
The more you do a thing the more you own that thing
55 runners completed the first New York marathon in 1970…. more than 51,000 crossed the finish line in 2016.
Test your limits
What’s on your bucket list of impossible dreams?
What are you doing to make those dreams a reality?
Listen to the messages you are putting out there
1. Be authentic
2. Look at how far you’ve come instead of how far you still need to go
3. Like what you see. Self love if you not good with you , the world won’t be either
4. Make necessary adjustments . Embrace change and keep open to new approaches
5. Don’t conform to the expectations of others
6. Do one thing well a thousand times
Women of color make up 33 percent of the female workforce and they’re twice as likely as white females to be employed in low wage jobs
1. Keep your goals big but keep the steps to get there within reach
2. Speak up
3. Seize the opportunities that come your way even if you didn’t go looking for them in the 1st place
4. Be true to yourself
5. Figure it out
6. Take chances
7. It’s okay to be the turtle slow and steady wins the race people
Man may be born in poverty but he does not have to go through life in poverty
Write down goals and take baby steps. Look at the them and see where you
Keep focused on what you will do and what you should do
South by Southwest conference
Planet of the apps
1. Practice gratitude each day
2. Confront your fears
3. Multitask if you’re out to connect with your audience or your customers in a genuine way, you can’t hand the job off to someone else because will see right through you
4. Work-life balance is about perspective
5. Don’t ever consider yourself better than anything or anyone
1. Run structured meetings on fixed schedules
2. Read the newspaper first thing. Know what’s going on around you
3. Spent time with family
4. Seek mentors
5. Dont be afraid to chase your dreams
6. Find a way to fail early
7. Family time
8. Write down your pitch
9. Trust instincts of ppl around you
10. Pay your dues
1. Put yourself in a position to receive a new idea
2. Lay a solid foundation
3. Know that strength leads to strength
4. Don’t quit
5. If you’re planning to start a family look for business opportunities that allow you to work from home or keep a flexible schedule
Seek stillness no matter what else you’ve got going on .
Turn all electronics an hour before bedtime
1. Wake up feeling grateful
2. Immerse yourself in positive influences surround yourself with positive energy and keep a positive outlook
3. Celebrate others in their work
4. Celebrate small victories
6. Trust your talents
4 million family owned business in the US including 1.4 million run by a husband and wife team
Rewrite the story of your life
Money only solves the problems that not having money creates
Be a team player
1. Take inventory of your life
2. Be careful of what you put into your body
3. Get knocked down get up again
4. Empower the people around you
5. Respect resilience – know that if you fail you have it in you to recover
6. Build a better mousetrap- just because things have always been done a certain way it doesn’t mean you can’t find a better one
7. It’s not always about the money
8. Build a base of knowledge to fall back on – learn everyday is reading, videos, classes
Go where your market is at and study it.
Shopify’s “build a business”
1. Keep learning
2. Seek creative partnerships with like minded people whose interests and energy levels.
3. Create a workplace culture that reflects your personality and the spirit of your product or service
4. Put in the time you need when you are just starting out
Live the 10x rule
1. Be precise
2. Create time by doing several things at once
3. Extend your reach . The more people you meet the more people you’re likely to collaborate with learn from inspire
4. Keep short game going but keep long game in mind