It’s been a whole year since I started this weight loss journey. I lost and gained more than just body fat. Weight loss is a mindset thing and I documented my progress from the start. I entered my one zillion weight loss program but this time I wanted to stick it through so I started getting my mind right however there’s a few factors that contributed to my weightloss journey being successful.
1. A picture was taken May 2017 and when I saw the pic I didn’t like how I looked. I looked stressed and was overweight. I needed a change
2. Around April 2017 I was diagnosed with dairy allergy. I haven’t franker milk since 13 yrs old but everything else had to be eliminated last year. Not eating cheese was something I needed to adjust.
3. I was having pains in my ankles for about a year in half. At first I thought it was a disorder but then as I was loosing weight , the pain began to go away and realized the weight was in my foot.
4. Blood test cane back that I was not anemic however my cholesterol was a little high and I got super scared so I said nope time to loose weight.
I started slowly with running and using the Nike workout app for the first few weeks. My nutrition I changed slowly, my water intake increased and I became one of those ppl that was always at GNC, lol . Then, I knew I needed to do a major hardcore fuckin work out and I still had insanity max 30. I reached to a beach body coach through IG, his name is Hector and he actually was in the insanity workout. I was placed in a teams chat through Facebook to stay motivated however I would be updating every once in a while.
I started beach body on July 1st, with that I was incorporating running three times a week . However my nutrition still needed help. Though I caught off the fats (pizza) , cheese , butter, etc. , i was still eating bread , lots of it and sweets every once a blue. Though my bread sandwiches were healthy , it was still bread. The first month I managed to loose 10 pounds. I didn’t see it till like September. The second month I was able to loose an additional 5 pounds. Ultimately I cut off bread and the weight started coming off faster.
I would get frustrated because I knew I was loosing weight but I didn’t see it. I started in June and I didn’t see results till September. By December I was down 24 pounds and I def began to see it. In February I started doing strength training because I learned the benefits of weights in your body and I was loosing weight with cardio and body weight however I wanted to build muscles as well. With weight training I lost 15 pounds. A year later I lost 40 pounds in total , the biggest weightloss I’ve done and I’ve learned a few things about me , my body and mind.
1. Don’t compare yourself to anyone. Social media has a way for you to compare yourself to others, nah you’ll end up miserable. I took four months off social media so that I can focused on myself and have human experiences.
2. Self care is self love. In the process I learned that self care is an act doing something nice for yourself that is bigger than fitness and pampering . Is knowing who you are, respecting yourself and creating boundaries. In the process I created boundaries between me and everything else. It has been liberating.
3. Is a process. Everything takes time, everything you want to accomplish takes time and hard work. Don’t give up you’ll see results
4. I didn’t know how strong I really was. I was mostly proud of myself for creating a goal , sticking through that goal and accomplishing it. Per usual I had ppl doubting, but I proved them wrong.
5. Doing something for my body that will benefit me in the long run. There is so much benefits to working out and healthy eating that I’ll do a later post on it. But I do prepared myself to avoid health issues in the future.
6. Is all in the mind – there were many days that physically I didn’t want to workout but my mind is like “no you have to get up and get it “ . I trained my mind to saying yes to go running in -0 degrees weather to take a salad instead of fries. To saying yes I can do this and believing in myself. Is all mindset not physically and not eating is mindset
7. Nutrition is more than working out.. my weightloss was detailed because I was eating bread mostly like a lot and I was working out a lot. When I caught off bread and incorporated way more veggies and fruits , my weight started to drop. When I started eating clean my weight started to drop and I spend a few weeks not working out but eating clean and my weight was dropping so I knew that nutrition is more than working out. Working out is just 20% not even like 10%.
8. How much I enjoyed my own company – this journey allowed me to really dive deep into myself, resolve my issues and focus. I learned how much I enjoyed myself and learning new traits. About me. I had to spend time with myself for real to know who I am because I was lost.
9. Forgiveness – when I started this blog, it came from a place of pain , traumatic and grudge. I started because I wanted to remove all that from life and help not only myself but other women as well. Is taken this long for me to move on from that place of pain and forgiveness was major key for my growth and I did it for myself not others. I wrote that this past winter was the coldest winter ever and does not include the weather but the energy.
10. Try something new – for years I was always avoid the weight room because of fear I might faint for lifting something heavy. A co worker encourage me to try weights but start small, I did my research and I tried it . It was a great decision
People ask me “how do you lost so much weight? What’s the secret ?” No secret is actually all in you, you gotta start with wanting to do this for yourself and yourself only and then creating a plan. Execute your plan and keep your eyes on the goal. Is all in the prize and as you go through this journey, you’ll learn about yourself. Stay away from social media lol, do not compare yourself and stay around ppl that will get you to your goal